Question:  I have questions about IRS Form W-7.  Does the IRS offer a telephone number I can call to get assistance?

Answer:  Yes. If, after reading the W-7 instructions and Understanding Your ITIN you are not sure how to complete your application or have additional questions, call 1-800-829-1040 if you are in the United States. If you are outside the United States, call 215-516-1000 (not a toll-free number) or contact the IRS overseas office in Beijing, Frankfurt, London or Paris.